What is the warranty for a refurbished device?
The Boost Mobile Refurbished Warranty
Refurbished devices are backed by Alegre’s 12 month warranty, so you can rest assured that you’re covered. The warranty period begins from the day you receive your device and will be valid up until the very last day of the warranty period.
The devices come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. This excludes faults caused by the way the device is treated and/or used.
Prior to returning a device for warranty, please contact Alegre email@example.com (7 days) to obtain a Return Authorisation Number along with instructions on how to ship your item back.
Once received and inspected, the phone will be repaired, refunded or replaced.
Warranty is void in the below instances:
- Cracked screen or physically damaged
- Water damage
- Software that has been tampered with
- Unauthorised repairs (3rd party repairs)
- Customer has failed to take reasonable steps to avoid the quality becoming unacceptable
- Customer has used the product abnormally
- 12 month warranty is valid for refurbished phones only (excludes new phones, SIMs and SIMs bundled with refurbished phones)
- Alegre do not accept responsibility for return items until they reach the warehouse so we strongly suggest using tracking and/or insurance for the delivery
- Alegre will not accept a returned device that is iCloud or Google locked. If your device is account locked you will receive a notification from to remove the lock. The device will be returned if still locked after 5 business days
- IMEI will be validated against the IMEI shipped. Return will not be accepted on mismatched IMEI’s